Hardback book, 1198 pages. This volume covers 1360 products, including 550 GMP level products and all of California FDB analysis on 505 products. Includes information on endagered animals, heavy metals, and pharmaceuticals. The text is organized into 12 groups, with a total of 109 chapters and includes material by Andrew Ellis, Subhuti Dharmananda, and Richard Ko. Over 80 pages of full-color photos (with English and Chinese cross-reference). Fully indexed.
“Jake Fratkin’s Essential Chinese Formulas is indeed an essential desktop companion. The comments by the author reflect his long clinical experience. Highly recommended.” — Giovanni Maciocia
- Concise 2-page summations of 133 classical formulas, 83 modern formulas, and 9 single herbs.
- Formulas describe ingredient percentages, historical origins, TCM indications, commentary with clinical applications, and contraindications and cautions.
- The formulas are organized into 18 clinical groups with 54 chapters, and include practical descriptions at the beginning of each chapter.
- Hardback book, 650 pages.
This book accomplishes two tasks.
- The first is to summarize, concisely, existing information on formulas from the Chinese and English language sources, with appropriate references.
- The second is to summarize Jake Fratkin’s 35 years of clinical experience of using and applying Chinese herbal medicine. These are discussed in the introductions to each chapter, and in the Commentary sections of each formula.
Why Essential Chinese Formulas? In the TCM colleges, students are exposed to over 800 formulas.
- This book focuses on the 225 most important formulas in clinical practice, and references the various manufacturers for each formula.
- It offers a revision, updating and simplification of its predecessor, Chinese Herbal Patent Medicines, The Clinical Desk Reference (2001).
- Its usefulness in the clinic will make this book a must-have for all practitioners and students of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine.
Preview Book Contents
- Look at Table of Contents (PDF)
- Look at Table of Contents with Formulas (PDF)
- Look at Sample Chapter (PDF)
- Look at Classical Texts Appendix (PDF)
- Look at List of Represented Herbal Manufacturers
- Look and Listen to an 1 hour interview with Jake concerning Essential Chinese Formulas
Free Shipping! Within USA only. In stock, ships within 2 business days via USPS Media rate with a tracking number. Typical delivery is 3 business days in the continental US. Deliveries within Colorado will have 2.9% sales tax added at payment.
For international shipment, call our office at 303-554-0722 to place your order.